- plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
- undertake practical activities, such as driving tractors, operating machinery, feeding livestock or spraying fields
- market the farm’s products
- buy supplies, such as fertilizer and seeds
- arrange the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- plan activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them
- maintain and monitor the quality of yield, whether livestock or crops
- understand the implications of the weather and make contingency plans
- make sure products are ready for markets
- ensure current government regulations concerning farm activities are complied with
- ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- maintain a knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them
- apply health and safety standards across the farm
- protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- keep financial records up to date.
Bachelors or Diploma degree in any of the following areas
- agricultural engineering
- crop management
- farm business management
- land/estate management.
A significant amount of farming experience or work experience in agricultural practice in GCC or outside the region
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Private Agriculture and Farming