Scope of Position
Accountable directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for executing the company’s mission, overall strategy and business plan. The Chief Operating Officer (COO) demonstrates a solid understanding of leading governance and operational practices, and actively demonstrates skills required in working collaboratively with the CEO and senior Team Leadership Group. Within broad strategic guidelines, benefiting from the direction of the CEO and in close collaboration with the Team Leadership Group, the COO contributes to the successful achievement of the company’s vision and goals.
A strong people-leader, the COO is collectively accountable for a staff complement of approximately thirty employees, and will have significant interaction with the Board of Directors, providing impactful information on operational strategies and project implementation.
As Client is poised to maintain a leadership position in the ever- transitioning marketplace, the company requires a leader to contribute to the company vision and to participate in the development of the strategic direction. This individual understands the internal importance of this, while maneuvering through a complex, diverse and challenging market segment. This COO will ensure that Client has the future intellectual capital necessary to stay in front of the competition as the market continues to evolve.
The COO will collaborate with the CEO and in direct cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual financial forecast. Finally, the COO will cultivate and grow existing relationships with business acquisition partners, as well as community stakeholders.
- Omani national
- Minimum university degree, or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience and a track record in senior management in insurance sector
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach teams with a well-developed, skilled and collaborative approach.
- Deep experience in operational forecasting and fiscal management
- Track record of effectively leading a service-oriented mutual value-based organization with a complex array of initiatives and with the ability to leverage strengths across company sectors; excellent project management skills
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development
- Past experience managing human resources function including personnel, compensation, and recruiting
- Unwavering commitment to a collaborative work environment, quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures within a competitive and rapidly changing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial in spirit and action, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Insurance Company
A leading regional insurance company