- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Manager
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Any
- Industry Government/Civil Service
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- Ensure all database servers ate backed up in a way that meets the business’s recovery point objective (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business recovery time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL server service outages as they occur, including after –hours and weekends.
- Configure SQL server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, windows azure, out other technologies.
- Install and configure new SQL servers.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party bidders.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes , or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineer or related field and a combination of work experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience of designing databases using Microsoft SQL server in a professional team environment.
- Expert in SQL database development.
- Good experience creating all key database objects-tables, views, triggers indices, stored procedures, User Defined functions, dynamic SQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot/resolve complex database issue.
- Strong database performance tuning experience in a RDBMS environment
- Strong general ETL/data integration experience, specific experience with SSIS is required
- Proficient in database modeling & design with a focus on performance and scalability
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skill