- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Supervisor
- Experience 10 Years +
- Gender Male
- Industry Construction
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The position holder shall be responsible for designing Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems:
- comply with international acceptable design standards
- value effective
- fulfil the end-user requirement.
Additionally the position holder shall ensure all activities are carried out in an efficient, effective, and timely manner.
- Monitor HVAC systems with building automation systems and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems or to find inefficient control sequences.
- Perform hands-on testing of HVAC, lighting, and control systems in new and existing buildings.
- Assist in prioritizing energy and operational improvements based on budgets, relative cost/benefits, and likelihood of acceptance for installation.
- Write commissioning plans and field reports for new construction projects.
- Write assessment, detailed evaluation, and measurement and verification reports and retro commissioning plans for existing facilities.
- Develop concept designs for energy efficiency projects and write sequences of operations.
- Perform design reviews and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform measurement and verification of installed projects.
- Gather and collect all relevant data and information, existing records and all available drawings, previous studies, pertinent data on existing services, etc.
- Ensure development of consistent and high-quality project deliverables.
- Give all the design advice for any new ongoing installation.
- Conduct on-site energy audits to identify applicable and cost-effective energy efficiency and demand response measures.
- Able to review the chemical treatment system for the chilled water system and condenser water system and advice any extra requirements in the design.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, customers, utility representatives, and contractors.
- Maintain detailed and accurate project records including data, documentation, and progress reports.
- Develop and refine engineering methodologies, tools, and standards.
- Develop and prepare full project scope of works, specifications, Bill of Quantities (BOQ)/Bill of Materials (BOM), cost/budgetary estimates and tender deliverables (front-end document, etc) with timelines and plans for construction.
- Prepare tender technical evaluation report.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry developments and technology advancements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
BS or MS in Mechanical, HVAC Engineering or equivalent
Professional Experience & Expertise
- 15 years of HVAC and controls experience in design, construction, energy evaluation and/or Retro commissioning.
- 10-15 years of post-graduate experience in the construction, engineering, or consulting industry.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with design consultant.
- Understanding of complex HVAC, lighting, and control systems, including an ability to evaluate and troubleshoot estimating, contractual audits, claims analysis and assessment.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with history of taking initiative to solve problems.
- Must have experience in the refrigeration plant room at least 15 years.
- Ability to work multiple large-scale projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of follow through and communication with key stakeholders.
- Dedication to completing projects on time and within budget.
- High level of attention to detail with ability to self-QC work.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed and accurate project records.
- Experience with different types of stand-alone monitoring equipment including flow meters, temperature loggers, electrical meters, and others.
- High degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Understanding of site safety procedures, including electrical safety.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Mechanical / HVAC Engineering.
- Must have PMP certification
OTHER TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Resister professional HVAC engineer with be added advantage.