- Offered Salary 21000
- Career Level Supervisor
- Experience 10 Years +
- Gender Any
- Industry Construction
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
The position holder shall be responsible for designing all mechanical systems etc. to:
(a) comply with all international acceptable design standards
(b) cost effectiveness
(c) fulfil the end-user requirement of functionality and system safety.
Additionally the position holder shall ensure all activities, work and such are carried out in an efficient, effective, timely and above all safe manner.
- Carry out detailed design of various systems & facilities in accordance to the end-user requirement ” in accordance to international mechanical design codes and specifications.
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction/project.
- Prepare design calculation for all design works as required, which includes concept design and preliminaries, interior design and landscape.
- Review and ensure drawings are prepared to the international standards level of acceptance.
- Prepare drawings, specifications, installation instructions for systems and equipment for contractors.
- Prepare project brief, project timeline, scope of works & bill of quantities for projects and parts of projects. (Full scope of works specifications, Bill of Quantity (BOQ)/Bill of Materials (BOM, cost/budgetary estimates and tender deliverables (front-end document, etc.)
- Prepare and/or review method statement, risk assessment and risk mitigation plan for various construction activities.
- Gather and collect all relevant data and information, existing records and all available drawings, previous studies, pertinent data on existing services, etc.
- Review of any design calculations submitted by other subcontractors, designers etc.
- Review of contractor submission such as material specifications, material samples, method statements, any reports, risk assessments, traffic diversions and any reports submitted by consultant or contractor during the design and construction stage.
- Review of system designs and equipment for projects utilizing international mechanical design and operational codes.
- Design and specification of Fire & Life Safety systems, requirements and codes as per NFPA 101 Fire & Life Safety and ICC Fire Code.
- Review of construction and design drawings for fire & life safety systems, design considerations and specifications to make sure that all requirements are met for each project in the design phase, so that HSSE and Fire & Life Safety is predominant in all projects.
- Attend site inspections, site quality audit for verification of adherence to construction requirements and international accepted standards of construction.
- Prepare simple construction programs, monitoring and progress reporting of the entire project from start of construction to hand over.
- Prepare and Implement of the handover process of the projects.
- Assist in preparing tender documentation, tender circulars, Instruction to Tenderers, method of measurement, post-tender clarifications
- Prepare tender technical evaluation reports for tenders
- Assist in the financial negotiations of contracts when requested.
- Participate and conduct pre-tender conferences/meetings and post-tender meetings.
- Perform other department duties related to this position as described by the head of the department
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Must demonstrate experience in design works for major Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Fighting and all other associated Mechanical systems projects.
- Experience in contract and tender preparation, tender reviewing, tender price analysis, project planning and controls, contract and tender management and administration, budgetary and cost estimating, contractual audits, claims analysis and assessment.
- Must have knowledge with mechanical engineering software, AutoCAD, Pipeline flow control software etc.
- Must have advanced working knowledge in MS Office applications (Word and Excel). Knowledge in using Project related applications such as MS Projects and/or Primavera P6.
- Able to prepare technical and commercial evaluation reports.
- Excellent English language, written and communication skills.
- Ability to function under pressure and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have astrong technical knowledge which has been applied through value engineering analysis and the review of shop drawings, specifications, and material submittals.
- Be able to function effectively and efficiently under own initiative and in a team environment.
- Possess the required leadership skills to manage, develop, and motivate teams to achieve their objectives.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have PMP certification
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 10-15 years of post-graduate experience in the Mechanical Engineering, Aviation or MEP Consulting Industry.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience with design consultant.
OTHER TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Register Professional Mechanical Engineer or a member of a Professional Organization of Mechanical Engineers will be an added advantage.