- Offered Salary 1000
- Career Level Supervisor
- Experience 10 Years +
- Gender Any
- Industry Telecommunications
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
- To Operate and Maintain existing telecom equipment’s of clients. Trouble shooting of all kinds of problems, dealing with service providers (Omantel /Ooredoo) for trouble free availability of the services. Technical support to future expansion of TELECOM projects under clients’ network.
- Configure and commissioning of RTUs/SCS at various sub stations under TANWEER network. Maintenance of existing assets at various sub stations. Doing modifications in the existing configurations, trouble shooting of field signals. Integration of 3rd party IED (Intelligent Electronic Devices) to RTU/SCS.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operate and maintain existing communication network including the FOC network and its accessories.
- Planning and implementation support for Future telecom Expansions projects.
- Review of the specifications, suggest relevant modifications, detailed Engineering, project implementation support
- Review the requirements of OEM support and inform clients for future actions.
- Witnessing FAT and SAT for the new equipment (TELECOM)
- Ensure zero downtime of the communication network, by putting appropriate precautions in place.
- Coordination with service providers for stable network availability, wherever applicable.
- Prepare, implement Operation and maintenance of existing assets of telecom.
- Maintain the record of all MAJOR trouble shooting activities for future reference(s).
- Design support for new projects by reviewing the Design documents for corrections/modifications.
- Finalization and doing Detailed Engineering of RTU/SIC panels, SCS System.
- RTU Configuration, Preparation of RTU database.
- Modification of the existing RTU database and uploading the modified database, wetting with point to point check (Field to RTU).
- Maintenance of the current facilities (Sub Stations)
- Planning and implementation support for Future expansions/modifications of the RTU/SCS projects.
- Review of the specifications, I/O count finalization, Design Engineering documents review, project implementation support
- Conducting FAT and SAT for the new equipment (RTU/SCS)
- Point to point testing of the commissioned sub stations. Coordination with testing department of Clients for proper integration checks in the field
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Tele communications.
- Product Knowledge cum hands on experience with ABB FOX 515/615 systems. SDH/PDH Systems, Knowledge on FOC terminations, splicing, FOTB, PIG TAILS installation and commissioning. Knowledge on OTDR tools. PLCC Communication, GPRS/CDMA networks as communication media, interface between telecom and RTU/SCS. Communication between RTU/SCS to control center.
- Product Knowledge cum hands on experience with ABB RTU 560, /Siemens SCS systems. Configuration experience in various protocols IEC-101/104, MODBUS, DNP3, IEC61850. Having knowledge on RTU C264 is an added advantage.
- Configuration of FOX 515/615 systems, trouble shooting. Preventive Maintenance of the existing systems (Including FOC network)
- RTU/SCS configuration Management, Design Engineering support, Knowledge on 3’d party integrations like Numerical Relay integration, Energy meter integration, data transfer to third parties etc.. wherever applicable. Field interface equipment knowledge like CMR,MFT,MFM, HDR.
Review and preparation of specifications, preparation of RTU I/O count, effective trouble shooting of various site problems (Signal Specific). Knowledge in various communication mediums. Back up management of configuration files, restorations of RTU/SCS methodologies.
- Should have worked exclusively in ABB FOX 515/615 systems from design phase to installation and commissioning. Knowledge in any other product will be added advantage.
- Should have working experience in ABB RTU 560and SIEMENS SCS and relevant configuration tools. RTU configuration
- Configuration upload and download, Modification of the existing RTU database and maintain history of modifications.
Any Networking certification (CISCO) is an additional advantage. Having a Certification from OEM is an added advantage.
10-12 years’ OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.